- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 3 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 3/4 cup Salad dressing, caesar, low calorie
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium peach
- 1 medium cucumber
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in a sauté pan with garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Add enough water to cover the meat and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat, let cool, and cut into strips.
- While chicken cooks, cut bread slices into cubes and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon parsley, and bake for 5 minutes; turn cubes, spray again with cooking spray, sprinkle with remaining garlic salt and parsley, and bake another 5-10 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. Remove croutons and let cool.
- Turn off oven, but place pita bread directly on oven racks while still hot. Leave in oven about 5 minutes until warmed through and slightly crunchy on the outside.
- Add chicken, lettuce, and croutons to a large bowl; toss to combine. Add dressing, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste, then toss again.
- Spoon salad mixture onto pita bread, and serve with peaches and cucumber slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie