- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium honeydew
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Seed and dice tomatoes. Peel, seed, and dice enough cucumber for 1 cup.
- Pit and halve the olives. Chop parsley and oregano. Thinly slice green onions.
- Toss tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, parsley, oregano, green onions, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to use.
- Trim and dice eggplant into 3/4″ pieces. Saute eggplant in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Add to vegetable mixture.
- Brush pitas with oil, season with salt, and broil until lightly toasted on both sides. Assemble by placing each pita on top of a sheet of foil or parchment paper. Drizzle 1/4 cup sauce down the center of the pita and place about 1 cup of the vegetables on top of the sauce. Wrap foil or paper around pita and serve with honeydew.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie