- 8 slice turkey bacon
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- Cook bacon as directed on package; while cooking, heat the oven to 250 degrees. As the bacon finishes cooking, place on a baking sheet and toss into oven to keep warm while making pancakes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flours, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl whisk milk, vanilla, egg and egg white. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined (lumps are okay!).
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and then heat over medium. Make one large pancake for the reindeer head, another one slightly smaller for the snout and two small pancakes for the ears. Allow each pancake to cook until it begins to bubble; flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Continue until you have all pancakes for 4 reindeer.
- Assemble the reindeer adding the bacon for antlers, blueberries for eyes and raspberries for the nose.
- Serve any leftover fruit as a side and drizzle with syrup if desired.
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 525mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g