These deliciously light and fluffy pancakes are sprinkled with chocolate chips and topped with berries for a decadent breakfast you can feel good about serving your family!
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3 large egg
- 2 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- In a large bowl, add flours, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together applesauce, almond milk, eggs, oil and vanilla. Pour liquid into the dry ingredients and stir until barely combined and no visible flour remains. There will be lumps. Gently fold in chocolate chips and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Drop batter into skillet by 1/4 cup full. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles form and edges look dry and airy. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Continue until all batter has been used.
- Serve pancakes topped with butter, with sliced plums on the side.