These whole wheat pancakes are so light and fluffy- topped with fresh fruit, syrup or nut butter, they may become your next favorite breakfast.
- 2 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cup milk
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large egg
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, olive oil, and eggs (start with only about 1/2 the milk, adding more until the desired consistency is reached).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium. Add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil and allow to melt.
- Pour batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbly, then flip and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes more until pancakes are cooked through and golden. Repeat until all batter has been used, adding more oil to the griddle/skillet as necessary.
- Top with fruit.