These whole wheat pancakes are so light and fluffy- topped with fresh fruit, syrup or nut butter, they may become your next favorite breakfast.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, olive oil, and eggs (start with only about 1/2 the milk, adding more until the desired consistency is reached).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until combined.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium. Add 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil and allow to melt.
- Pour batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbly, then flip and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes more until pancakes are cooked through and golden. Repeat until all batter has been used, adding more oil to the griddle/skillet as necessary.
- Top with fruit.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie