With my two girls being close in age, we have a lot of girls and friends over to our house. One of their favorite activities is to have a tea party – and sometimes boys included! They love when I make fancy food for them to have at their tea parties, but lets be honest – who has time to do that all of the time?? This Banana Tea Party Bread is a yummy, healthy low-sugar recipe that is perfect for tea parties, or just to have as a snack. We even love this banana bread for breakfast the next day.
This banana bread is simple to make and much like any other quick bread. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl, combine wet in another, and then mix them together.
We love banana bread because it is delicious, but we also love all of the health benefits of the bananas that are in it.
What are the benefits of bananas?
Bananas are a big part of many kids diet. They are soft enough to serve at a young age. The flavor is mild enough that most kids like the flavor. And they are versatile enough that you can eat them in so many different ways. We like to use bananas for bread, but we also like to eat them frozen with chocolate, just frozen banana pops, in smoothies or a breakfast with toppings like this banana split!
- Good source of potassium! They can literally lower blood pressure (high blood pressure is becoming more common in CHILDREN today!
- Do your kids get heart burn? Bananas are a natural antacid!
- High in B vitamins (improves nerve function)
- Good source of fiber. So many kids have bowel trouble, fiber is a great way to relieve that.
Your kids will love having this special treat at their tea party. You can even make an after school snack special by using different cups and plates than you normally do, and serving this yummy banana bread!
READ NEXT=> BANANA BREAD MAKEOVER
- 1 3/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 medium banana
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first five dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mash bananas. If you like pieces in your bread, don’t mash them as fine. If not, mash well.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and add bananas.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir just until combined.
- Spray or grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and pour mixture into it.
- Optional: Sprinkle the top with chopped dried banana chips and brown sugar for a yummy crunchy topping.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.