Sweet, deliciously frosty bananas are covered in dark chocolate and crunchy toppings! Serve them to your kids for a healthier summer treat.
How to Make Frozen Bananas
- Cut ripe bananas in half, and slide a lollipop stick into each one. Place the bananas in a single layer on parchment paper and freeze 2-3 hours.
- Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until chips are melted.
- Dip frozen bananas in melted chocolate OR yogurt, then roll them in your crunchy topping of choice (see below for ideas)
- Enjoy! Or put back in the freezer for later.
Topping Ideas for Frozen Chocolate Bananas
- Sliced almonds
- Chopped pecans
- Flax meal
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chopped walnuts
- Crushed graham crackers
- Crushed peanuts
These Frozen Chocolate Bananas are so quick and easy! Your kids can even make them on their own. You can also simply do the prep of freezing the bananas and letting the kids do the rest. This will be a summer favorite for sure, and it’s such a better alternative to frozen popsicles! Maybe your kids could even make their own banana stand….
Speaking of the Banana Stand, does anyone here miss Arrested Development? We loved that show!