Easy Cherry Tomato Pasta
Fresh Mediterranean flavors abound in this summer pasta dish with tomatoes, basil, and pine nuts.Print Pin Rate
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- 1 cup basil, fresh
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, dried
- 4 medium nectarine
- Begin by cooking your pasta according to the package directions and chop basil.
- While water is boiling, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper, cook, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Tomatoes may need some help reducing in size, so pierce them with a knife to release their juices; cook for 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and add basil.
- Divide pasta among serving bowls; top with tomatoes and pine nuts. Serve with sliced nectarines.
Calories: 485kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 300mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g