A simple yet flavorful vegetable side dish is one of my favorite ways to elevate almost any meal. This fantastic Grilled Zucchini is tossed in a lime marinade that is packed seasonings. The end result is a tangy and intensely flavored dish that is the perfect addition to your summer meals.
The Best Grilled Zucchini
This recipe was created out of necessity. Even when you are diligent about picking zucchini, it seems like there is always one that escapes and grows into a mega-squash. But the real desperation comes when you go out of town and come back to multiple mega-squash! This has happened to me so many times over the years that I’m pretty sure I have had zucchini in every possible form there is. This recipe is the perfect way to use up that oversized squash! The great thing about grilled vegetables and specifically zucchini, is that the bigger the zucchini the better. Little ones work also, but the big zucchini pieces are almost like eggplant or a portobello mushroom when prepared this way.
A simple, flavorful marinade packed with seasonings is the secret here. The flavor is tangy, intense and so delicious. After a quick marinade, throw the zucchini onto a hot grill until nice and charred. Next time you go out to your garden and find a gigantic zucchini – instead of sitting down and crying, just pull out this recipe and start grilling!
Ingredients You Need to Make Grilled Zucchini with Lime Marinade:
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried Onion
- Red Pepper Flakes
How to Make the Best Grilled Zucchini:
- Make the marinade. Start by making the lime marinade. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl. You can also add all the ingredients directly to a gallon sized ziplock bag and shake to combine.
- Slice the zucchini. Trim zucchini and cut into 1/4-inch slices, either lengthwise or into rounds.
- Marinate the zucchini. Add the zucchini to the marinade and allow it to sit while the grill preheats.
- Grill. Use tongs to add the zucchini to the hot grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until charred and tender. Drizzle with extra marinade if desired. Enjoy!
Tips & Suggestions:
Can I cook this zucchini in the oven?
Yep! Place your marinated zucchini on a cooling rack that is placed on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast in a 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until you get a nice golden brown color on your zucchini.
Can I use this marinade on other vegetables?
Absolutely! This tangy and flavorful marinade is delicious on almost anything. Try it on mushrooms, eggplant, bell peppers, asparagus, cauliflower, or new potatoes.
What should I serve with grilled zucchini?
Here are some of our favorite recipes to serve with this zucchini:
- BBQ Chicken
- Turkey Burgers
- Instant Pot Salmon
- Easy Pasta Salad
- Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Easy Homemade Pesto Pasta
- Lemony Quinoa with Spinach
- Stovetop Mac & Cheese
More Delicious Vegetable Side Dishes:
- Fresh Green Bean Salad
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Honey Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Crunchy Zucchini Fries
Grilled Zucchini with Lime Marinade
- 4 medium zucchini
- Preheat your grill to medium-high.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a gallon ziplock bag. Seal the top and shake to combine.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and slice into 1/4" thick slices lengthwise. Place in the bag with the marinade. Let them sit for 5 minutes while the grill heats.
- Once the grill is hot, use tongs to remove the zucchini from the marinade and place on the grill. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes. Flip the zucchini and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the zucchini is tender to your liking, remove from the grill and serve immediately. Enjoy!