Light and refreshing zucchini noodles covered in a creamy and savory alfredo sauce.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 4 medium apple
- Spiralize zucchini. Mince garlic. (No spiralizer? You can thinly slice the zucchini instead).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and heated through; about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the saucepan. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant; about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk, thyme and oregano. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half and Parmesan and cook until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in zucchini and pasta and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
Need a spiralizer? This is our favorite!