Crispy veggie pancakes cook up fast in a skillet and provide a blend of healthy veggies (zucchini, corn, and carrot) for your kids’ morning meal!
We’re all about veggies for breakfast! And from our readers’ reaction to our vegetable muffins, a lot of you are too. Here’s a crispy and tender veggie pancakes to add to your breakfast rotation. These taste like hash browns, so picky eaters will dig right in. And they’re made with other wholesome ingredients like whole grain flour, eggs, yogurt, and cheese.
Here’s What We Put In Our Veggie Pancakes
We included the power packed Zucchini (filled with immune fighting Vitamin C!)
Carrots: Packed with eye protecting Vitamin A
and corn that includes energizing Vitamin B
We used these three veggies in our pancake batter (recipe below), and cooked them on a griddle like regular pancakes.
Then, we got some beautiful pancakes, perfect for pre-snow playing activities of the day.
Veggie Pancake Recipe! Breakfast for Busy Kids!Print Pin Rate
- 2 cup zucchini
- 2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely grate zucchini and carrots.
- Combine zucchini, carrots, and corn in a large bowl. Add the egg, yogurt, salt, and pepper and stir.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder. Add it to the veggies. Fold in the cheese.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Form balls of dough and press into a patty, using about 1/8 cup of dough. Add to skillet and cook on both sides (pressing to flat with the back of your spatula so it gets hot and cooked throughout the pancake).