- 1 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 medium carrot
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 28 ounce crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 4 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 cup croutons, plain
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Finely chop onion, garlic, celery, and carrot, or just pulse in a food processor.
- In a large pot, heat oil over med-high heat. Sauté onions and garlic about 10 minutes, then add celery, carrots, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and bay leaf.
- Simmer, uncovered, over low heat about 1 hour or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl; toss with your favorite dressing right before serving.
- Remove and discard bay leaves from the sauce, and season with additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Spoon sauce over pasta, and serve with grapes and salad on the side.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 351mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g