- 2 clove garlic
- 6 medium tomato, red
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 8 ounce spaghetti pasta, whole-wheat, dry
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup grapes
- Chop garlic cloves and tomatoes.
- Pour the olive oil into a large skillet and place on medium heat. Wait about 30 seconds, then add the tomato chunks. After another minute or so, when the tomatoes begin to sizzle and release their juices, add the garlic.
- Let the tomatoes and garlic cook for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes get soft and the sauce begins to thicken. (The exact amount of time will vary depending on how much heat you’re using, the juiciness and texture of the tomatoes, and your prefered consistency of sauce.)
- When the marinara sauce reaches the texture you desire, add the balsamic vinegar and let the sauce cook for another 30-60 seconds until the strong smell of the vinegar goes away.
- Lower the heat, stir in salt and pepper to taste (If the sauce is too bitter, add about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, taste test again). Remove from heat once your personal flavor has been achieved. You may also add sauce to a blender and pulse for a smoother consistency. Just be sure to allow sauce to cool down before adding to blender and then reheat as needed.
- Boil water for pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- While pasta cooks, preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together Parmesan, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the ends off of the zucchini and slice into quarters, lengthwise.
- Spray a cooling rack with cooking spray and then place it onto a baking sheet.
- Place zucchini strips onto the cooling rack, drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then turn oven to broil and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve sauce over pasta with zucchini and grapes on the side. (Serving size: 1 cup pasta, 1/2 cup sauce, 4 zucchini strips, 1/2 cup grapes)
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 475mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 24g