These little veggie flatbread pizzas are a festive and easy recipe to make that packs in the veggies while giving kids the familiar feel of pizza!
Flatbread is a great crust that is similiar to a pizza crust with a bit different texture. Since the toppings for this are pretty basic, I took the flavor up a notch in the crust with flavorful herbs. Once the dough is make, spread it onto a Silpat or parchment paper. You can also use whatever pizza crust your family loves to make.
Herbed Flatbread Spread
I carried the herbed flavor into the spread making it taste like a rich and creamy Ranch dressing – very kid friendly! The triangles were very simple to cut out with a pizza cutter, though it would also work to just make squares and top with the veggies too.
Veggie Toppings for Flatbread
I love the idea of getting kids in on the food making going on in the kitchen. Set up a few bowls of finely chopped veggies and let them make their own creations! The sky’s the limit really. When kids are involved in the food they make and even have a chance to ‘play’ with their food, they are actually much more likely to eat it. Even if they just have a tiny nibble of the broccoli, that is a win! What a fun way to serve a veggie snack for the afternoon or serve at a party for an appetizer!
Veggie Flatbread Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 cup cream cheese, low fat
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 medium carrot
- 2 cup broccoli, florets
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or according to the package instructions for your pizza dough. Try our recipe here).
- Knead basil, oregano, and thyme into your pizza crust and spread onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined jelly roll pan. Bake according to the instructions, then set aside to completely cool. (A typical recipe is baking at 350° for 25 minutes).
- When the crust is cooled, add the cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, basil, oregano, and pepper to a small mixing bowl; using a hand mixer, blend until well combined. Adjust spices as desired to taste.
- Julienne carrots and cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- Slide the cooled pizza crust onto a cutting board and spread the cream cheese mixture over the entire surface. Cut into whatever shape(s) you wish, and top with fresh veggies.
- Serve with sliced watermelon on the side.