- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 1/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 cup spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 10 jumbo black olives, canned
- 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 medium cantaloupe
- Add warm water (105-110°F) to a large bowl, and stir in the yeast and brown sugar until dissolved; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution, then mix in the whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of the white flour.
- Turn dough out onto a clean, well-floured surface, kneading in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough into a well oiled bowl and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and form into a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute, then roll out to the desired shape, size, and thickness. (You can shape dough into small individual pizzas or one large one.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
- For the toppings: spread marinara sauce over your dough. Chop bell peppers, black olives, and mushrooms. Sprinkle cheese over the sauce, then add toppings as desired. (Additional toppings may be added as well.)
- Bake pizza in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese and crust are golden brown.
- Serve hot with fruit on the side.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 571mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g