- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1/8 medium onion, red
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 medium orange
- Mix together hummus, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, fresh dill, and minced garlic; whisk together and add water if you would like to make it thinner consistency; set aside.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to a large bowl. Mash up the chickpeas, leaving some whole. Add sunflower seeds, mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup and diced red onion. Add the hummus mixture and stir well.
- Toast bread, top each of four slices with chickpea blend, a slice or two of tomato, and a few slices of avocado. Top with second slice of bread, and cut in half. Serve with fruit.
Calories: 577kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 726mg | Fiber: 22g | Sugar: 8g