- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 pound turkey, ground
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 cup corn, canned
- 4 medium apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly spray a 5×9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Dice onion into small bite size pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, diced onion, ginger, and bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly and shape into a loaf.
- Press the brown sugar onto the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over top.
- Spread the turkey mixture over the brown sugar and ketchup evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
- While meatloaf is cooking, begin cooking rice according to the package directions. Heat corn in the microwave or on the stovetop until warm; slice apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Serve meatloaf with rice, corn, and apple slices on the side.
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 1078mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 26g