- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 pound beef, ground, 90% lean
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium apple
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a skillet and heat over medium. Finely chop onion and peppers and add to skillet. Cook for 6-8 minutes until softened. Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Pour veggies into a bowl and add meat, bread crumbs, egg, yogurt, chopped cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. (At this point, it may work best if you use your hands).
- Drop mixture onto baking sheet and shape into a 12X4 inch loaf.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour until beef is no longer pink and a cooking thermometer reads 160°F.
- Serve with sliced apples and leftover potatoes from Tuesday.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie