These sweet zucchini pancakes are packed with the goodness of zucchini. Just like eating a warm slice of zucchini bread with spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
In the fall we love to make pumpkin pancakes. They are sweet, hearty and are a deliciously filling breakfast. But for some reason they just don’t seem right to make in the summer. Isn’t it funny that we kind of create our own food laws even though there really is no one enforcing them? I guess another food law is that if you grow a garden, from the months of July – September you must only make food if it has zucchini in it. Otherwise you will have zucchini literally taking over your life, right? Well these zucchini pancakes are the summer version of a pumpkin pancake. They are sweet and hearty and delicious.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to Make Sweet Zucchini Pancakes
Making these pancakes is easy! It’s just like making regular pancakes, except for the zucchini. First, shred your zucchini. You can do it with a box grater by hand, or use your food processor.
Better than shredding it yourself is having your kids help shred it. It is so great having your children be helpful in the kitchen – and it really helps them learn about and love food. My food processor is so safe and easy to use that it is a great kitchen task for kids to do. Plus when it comes to shredding the billions of zucchini you harvest from your garden, a food processor is a must!
Once you get your batter mixed up, drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle or pan. Let them cook on one side until the bubbles have popped, and the flip on the other side and cook until golden brown.
What to Serve with Zucchini Pancakes
We love to serve ours with plain Greek yogurt , maple syrup and fresh berries. A little bit of summer heaven right there. The cinnamon and nutmeg give these pancakes a spicy sweet flavor and the zucchini and whole wheat flour make these pancakes a hearty staple. I froze the pancakes that we didn’t eat and they reheat beautifully. Perfect for those mornings when you don’t have a lot of time – pop one in the toaster and you have breakfast to go!
More of our Favorite Zucchini Recipes
- Baked Zucchini Casserole
- Healthy Zucchini Oat Muffins
- Zucchini Lasagna
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Protein Bars
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, sugar, milk, yogurt and vanilla until smooth. Shred zucchini and stir in zucchini shreds. Stir dry ingredients into zucchini batter, mixing until just combined.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray or coat with a little oil.
- Scoop 1/4-cup dollops of batter onto your skillet or griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook another minute or two, until golden underneath.
- Serve with yogurt and berries or you favorite pancake toppings.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie