These Zucchini Chips are honestly one of the tastiest ways I have ever had zucchini. Crispy, cheesy, and absolutely divine when served with a side of marinara. Perfect for a snack, appetizer, or even lunch!
Deliciously Crisp and Flavorful Zucchini Chips
It sure is a good thing that zucchini plants grow like crazy, because there is no shortage of delicious ways to prepare it! After dozens of loaves of zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini muffins, and sweet spiced zucchini pancakes, I was ready for something quick and savory. These baked Zucchini Chips were absolute perfection.
Crispy, crunchy, cheesy, and incredibly flavorful- these Baked Zucchini Chips are nothing short of addicting! We enjoyed them with a side of marinara sauce, but they were pretty amazing all by themselves. Plus, all that dipping makes these a great little snack to make with the kids!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Baked Zucchini Chips:
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Dried Basil
- Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Baked Zucchini Chips:
- Slice your zucchini. You want nice thin rounds, but not too thin. A sharp knife should get the job done. You’ll want your slices to be between 1/8″-1/4″ thick.
- Mix together your dry ingredients. In a small bowl mix together the flour, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and seasonings. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk eggs. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip your zucchini chips. Dip your zucchini slices into the egg, and then into the parmesan mixture. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. After you’ve dipped all of your zucchini slices, drizzle with a bit of olive oil to get them nice and crispy.
- Bake. Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until brown and crispy.
- Serve. Serve while they are hot and crispy with a side of marinara sauce, if desired. Enjoy!
Tips & Suggestions:
Can I make Zucchini Chips in the air fryer?
Yep! To cook these zucchini chips in the air fryer, set it to 400 degrees. Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 5 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Play with the seasonings!
Instead of basil and oregano, try garlic and chili powder. You can also try adding ranch dressing or taco mix for a boost of flavor.
Different dip ideas:
Instead of marinara, dip your zucchini chips in ranch dressing, fry sauce, or salsa. They’re also delicious all by themselves!
What should I serve with Zucchini Chips?
We often enjoy these as a snack or lunch all by themselves. But if you want to make a meal of them, try serving these zucchini chips as a side with a nice salad, steak, burgers, or these yummy chicken meatballs.
How I should I store leftover Zucchini Chips?
These are definitely best served right after baking, but any leftovers can be stored in an air tight container for a day or two. Reheat in an air fryer or 450 degree oven until heated through and crispy.
More Delicious Veggie Chip Recipes:
Crispy Baked Zucchini Chips
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice zucchini into thin rounds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg. In a medium mixing bowl, add the panko, flour, dried basil and oregano, sea salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Stir together until combined.
- Dip each zucchini slice into the egg, and then the panko mixture making sure to coat both sides. Place onto your prepared baking sheet. Drizzle each zucchini with oil for extra crispiness.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through baking until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve while they are hot and crispy with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie