- 12 ounce egg noodles
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 medium shallot
- 3/4 teaspoon flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup SOUR CREAM, REDUCED FAT
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, dried, ground
- 2 medium apple
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Pound out chicken breasts so they are of equal thickness.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place into hot skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; transfer to a plate. While chicken cooks, blanch broccoli; cut into smaller pieces, then set aside.
- Chop shallot and saute in same skillet for 1 minute. Add flour and cook for 1 minute more, stirring continuously. Slowly add white wine, continuing to stir. Scrape the inside of the pan to remove the brown bits from cooking the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, mustard, and tarragon. Add broccoli and noodles, then toss to coat and heat if necessary.
- Serve pasta topped with chicken and serve apple slices on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie