Your whole family will love this creamy all-in-one pasta recipe that’s full of protein and veggies! Use leftover cooked chicken to make this a super-quick dish.
Easy Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Broccoli
- 12 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Cook pasta according to package directions, dropping the chopped broccoli in during the last few minutes of cooking. (Yes! It works!) Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet. Cook each side for about 4 minutes until no longer pink in the center. Allow to cool, then cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the softened cream cheese and whisk until a smooth creamy paste forms. It might look a little lumpy at first, but don't worry! If you keep whisking it will get smooth.
- Add milk gradually while whisking until it is fully incorporated and smooth. Stir in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and keep whisking until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. If you want a thicker sauce, cook for 2-3 minutes longer. Otherwise, remove from heat.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, pasta and broccoli; toss until evenly coated. Serve warm and enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie