Your whole family will love this creamy all-in-one pasta recipe that’s full of protein and veggies! Use leftover cooked chicken to make this a super-quick dish.
Pasta, Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo
- 8 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup parsley, fresh
- 4 medium kiwi
- Cook pasta according to package directions, dropping the chopped broccoli in during the last few minutes of cooking. (Yes! It works!) Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet. Cook each side for about 4 minutes until no longer pink in the center. Allow to cool, then cut into chunks and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk about 1 minute until slightly browned. Add broth and milk; continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in heavy cream and garlic powder; continue cooking 1-2 minutes more until thickened. Stir in shredded Parmesan. (Too thick? Add more milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.)
- Stir in the cooked chicken and the pasta and broccoli; toss until evenly coated.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley, with sliced kiwi on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie