Your whole family will love this creamy all-in-one pasta recipe that’s full of protein and veggies! Use leftover cooked chicken to make this a super-quick dish.
Pasta, Broccoli & Chicken Alfredo
- 8 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 3 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup parsley, fresh
- 4 medium kiwi
- Cook pasta according to package directions, dropping the chopped broccoli in during the last few minutes of cooking. (Yes! It works!) Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet. Cook each side for about 4 minutes until no longer pink in the center. Allow to cool, then cut into chunks and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk about 1 minute until slightly browned. Add broth and milk; continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Whisk in heavy cream and garlic powder; continue cooking 1-2 minutes more until thickened. Stir in shredded Parmesan. (Too thick? Add more milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.)
- Stir in the cooked chicken and the pasta and broccoli; toss until evenly coated.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley, with sliced kiwi on the side.