Packed with wholesome oats, nuts, coconut and carrots, this crunchy granola has all the delicious flavors of carrot cake.. in a healthy breakfast form! It is perfect for sprinkling over yogurt or eating by the handful. It has moved to the very top of our favorite granola list!
Why You’re Going To Love This Carrot Cake Granola
We absolutely love granola at our house. It is one of our favorite snacks to have on hand! It is nutritious, filling, and perfect over a bowl of yogurt or simply enjoyed by the handful. If you have never made homemade granola.. it is time to start! It is so easy.. just stir and bake! And it so much better than store-bought. Once you’ve tried homemade granola, you will never be able to go back! Not only is it super easy and totally delicious, but you can customize the ingredients and control what is going into it.
This Carrot Cake Granola is one of our favorite creations to date. It is super crunchy, and full of all the warm spices that make carrot cake so yummy. We packed it with nuts, carrots, and coconut- so not only is it delicious, it is also filling and nutritious. Not to mention, totally addicting. Like.. eat half of the pan before it even cools addicting.
Ingredients for Carrot Cake Granola
- Oats– You will use regular rolled oats for this recipe.
- Carrots– We used a fine grater to shred the carrots, then used paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Pecans– Almonds or walnuts are also delicious!
- Coconut– We have used shredded coconut and coconut chips- either one works great.
- Maple Syrup– We love using maple syrup in granola, but you can also use honey.
- Coconut Oil– Coconut oil is so delicious in this granola, but any neutral-flavored oil will work here.
How To Make Carrot Cake Granola
- Combine all your dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl. Whisk in the maple syrup. Stir in the grated carrots.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the granola onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once during the bake time. It will still be slightly soft to the touch, but will get crunchy as it cools.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. It will be good for up to a month.
Tips & Suggestions
How long can you store homemade granola?
Store homemade granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month. For longer storage, store in the freezer for 3-6 months.
How should I serve Carrot Cake Granola?
Our favorite way to enjoy this granola is on top of vanilla Greek yogurt! Eat it plain, or add some fresh fruit like fresh berries or sliced bananas. Some other ways to enjoy granola are:
- on top of smoothie bowls
- sprinkled on apple slices spread with nut butter
- in a bowl with milk
- rolled up in a tortilla spread with cream cheese or nut butter
- stirred into muffins or quick breads before baking
- sprinkled on toast
- as a pancake topping; before or after cooking!
- on top of cottage cheese
- as a salad topper
- stirred into cookie dough
- added to trail mix
- by the handful!
Why isn’t my granola crunchy?
If your granola isn’t crunchy, try adding an additional 5 minutes to the bake time. Watch carefully to avoid over-baking. You can also try cooking your granola at a lower temperature for a longer period of time. Bake your granola mixture at 275 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Can I add anything else to my Carrot Cake Granola?
Yes! We love boosting the nutrition and flavor of our granola with extra add-ins. Some of our favorite add-ins include hemp seeds, flax meal, chia seeds or dried fruit like raisins or crushed banana chips.
More Delicious Granola Recipes:
Carrot Cake Granola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, coconut flakes, and chopped pecans if using.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Stir in grated carrot. Pour into oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread onto your prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. You want the pieces underneath to get stirred to the top and so everything cooks evenly. You will know its done when it starts to look golden brown and the carrots have dried slightly. It will feel a bit wet to the touch when it comes out of the oven, but it gets crunchy as it cools.
- Cool completely and then store in an airtight container at room temperature. It will stay good for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie