- Trim woody ends off asparagus. Cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat broth and 1 cup water over med-low heat.
- In another large pan, saute chopped onion and minced garlic over med-high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix water and vinegar in a cup.
- Add the diluted vinegar and cook until liquid has absorbed.
- Start adding the warmed broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir occasionally and wait for the liquid to be absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms (if using) and asparagus until tender, about 4 minutes.
- When all the broth has been absorbed by the risotto, remove pan from heat.
- Add asparagus, salt/pepper, and parmesan and serve immediately.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie