- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, red
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 2 cup spinach
- 8 serving pizza dough, whole wheat
- 2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 serving turkey pepperoni
- 2 cup grapes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice onion. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high. Add onion. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add sugar and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and cook 1 minute longer; remove from heat. Stir in spinach and cover.
- Roll dough out onto pizza pan (or if desired, use paddle and preheated pizza stone.) Spread 1 tablespoon of oil onto dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add flour and garlic; cook and stir constantly for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper; bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Pour white sauce over pizza dough. Add half the cheese, onion mixture, pepperoni and remaining cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly golden.
- Serve with grapes.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie