Fresh fruit makes dessert special by adding color, flavor, and nutrition! Delight your kids with these 20 healthy fruit desserts that are simple to make, too.
You’ve just cleared the dinner dishes, and now your kids are clamoring for dessert. What to serve, what to serve? Read on to learn the four reasons we love naturally sweet and colorful fruit after dinner, then check out 20 of our best recipes below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Why Should You Serve Fruit Desserts?
- Twenty Healthy Fruit Desserts
- 1. Healthy Banana Splits
- 2. Easy Watermelon Sorbet
- 3. Chocolate Dipped Oranges
- 4. Strawberry Kiwi Fruit Salad
- 5. Kid-Friendly Baked Apples
- 6. Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- 7. No-Bake Chocolate Fruit Pizza
- 8. Grilled Peaches and Coconut Cream
- 9. Fresh Fruit Slushees
- 10. Healthy Candy Corn Parfait
- 11. Fast and Healthy Fruit Fondue
- 12. Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding
- 13. Watermelon Cupcakes
- 14. Apple Almond Dessert Pizza
- 15. Juicy Grape Pops
- 16. Layered Frozen Yogurt Blueberry Lemon Pie
- 17. Real Peach Donuts
- 18. Frozen Fruit Kebabs
- 19. Blueberry Date Snack Cake
- 20. Rainbow Pear Crisp
Why Should You Serve Fruit Desserts?
We don’t even have to talk about flavor, but let’s. Just for a second. Because fruit is DELICIOUS. We use the term “nature’s candy” with our kids because a good piece of fruit has all the sweetness and kid-appeal you can expect from something that comes in a wrapper.
Unlike those wrapper-bound treats, fruit desserts come with a ton of beneficial extras, in the form of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants that promote health.
Serving fruit for dessert also sends a message to kids that fruit has a place in our normal every day meals, and in a variety of ways.
Last of all, since fruits are so delicious in their natural state, desserts that feature them can be incredibly simple to make. So hop on the fruit dessert train with us!
Twenty Healthy Fruit Desserts
15. Juicy Grape Pops
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie