Fresh summer peaches are grilled to perfection and topped with a dairy-free coconut-cream, a drizzle of honey, and crunchy chopped pecans. Serve this healthy dessert at your next backyard barbecue!
Summer is my favorite season for so many reasons but I can’t get enough of the fresh produce! Peaches are the best when they are in season and we are right in the middle of peach season. Today, I’m sharing this grilled peaches and coconut cream recipe with you. The dessert is made with only five ingredients and comes together in little time.
How to Make Grilled Peaches with Coconut Cream
This summer dessert is so simple to make! Just cut your fresh peaches in half, remove the pit, and put the fruit directly on the grill.
Grill the peaches for about 6 minutes, flipping halfway through. Than transfer them to a plate and add your toppings!
Rather than using standard whipped cream or ice cream, we used whipped coconut cream. The coconut cream adds the perfect amount of flavor and it’s a dairy-free option.
Top your warm peaches and cream with chopped pecans and a little drizzle of honey and you’re ready to dig in!
Note: You can sub in your favorite crunchy nut and can even omit the honey, if desired. But we do love the flavor combination of peaches, coconut, honey and crunchy pecans. 🙂
You can save time by preparing the whipped coconut cream ahead of time. Store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use, up to one or two days in advance. Then just pull it from the fridge and top the peaches when you’re ready.
Grilled Peaches and Coconut Cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium peach
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- To make the whipped coconut cream, place the bowl of a stand mixer in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to chill. Remove the bowl from the freezer and scoop out the solid portion of the chilled coconut milk into the bowl. (You can reserve the liquid from the coconut milk and add to smoothies, if desired. Do not use the liquid for the whipped cream or else it won’t yield a fluffy texture.) Whisk on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add 2 teaspoons honey and the vanilla extract. Whisk until well blended.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill peaches until tender, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and cool slightly.
- Arrange the peaches on a plate. Top with whipped coconut cream, chopped pecans and a drizzle of the remaining honey, as desired. Serve immediately.
- *Note: You can omit the honey or use your favorite sugar substitute in the coconut cream.