If you are looking for a dessert pizza recipe that will still have some nutrition, this is the one for you.
But back to the pizza! Adding apples to dessert pizza is a great way to get a bit more fiber, even though you are eating dessert. And after all, fruit makes the best desserts any way. So, we started with your standard pizza crust. You can purchase a pre-made pizza crust, but it’s my opinion making your own is actually quite easy! We use this recipe for pizza crust. This time when we made it, I obviously used all white flour, but we’ve also used all whole wheat flour as well. Then, we completely cooked the crust!
- 2 medium apple
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, pure
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 Whole Crust whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/8 cup, sliced ALMONDS
- 1/8 cup cranberries, dried
- Chop apples into chunks.
- Mix 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and almond extract together. Spread over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle apple chunks, dried cranberries, and sliced almonds over almond butter spread.
- Mix remaining almond butter and 1/3 cup maple syrup together. Add more maple syrup if it isn’t runny enough to drizzle. once runny, drizzle over apples.