Steak Stroganoff with Roasted Asparagus
Steak stroganoff is a delicious and hearty meal that your family will love! Serve it over pasta with a side of fresh asparagus!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 fillet beef, boneless ribeye filet, lean
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 2 medium onion
- 3 clove garlic
- 1/8 cup tomato paste, canned
- 1/5 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 pound asparagus
- 8 ounce macaroni pasta, dry
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Saute in oil over medium-high heat about 4 minutes on each side for rare, or to desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute 3 minutes. Stir in onions and cook 3 minutes more. Stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons flour and cook 1 minute. Deglaze pan with small amount of beef broth (or 1/2 cup dry sherry), scraping up browned bits from the pan.
- Add the rest of the broth and Worcestershire, and simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Pour sauce over steaks, then garnish with parsley.
- Serve with roasted asparagus and pasta.
Calories: 582kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 712mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g