Why do your kids need protein?
- Builds and repairs tissue.
- Fights infections through antibody formation.
- supplies energy.
- Forms enzymes and hormones.
What is a good source of protein? SESAME SEEDS!! 1/4 cup has 6.5 grams of protein. That’s a great source. Plus it is high in fiber and other essential nutrients. So, what do you do with Sesame seeds besides make a bird house?
- We usually add them to granola bars!
- Add them to Breads or muffins
- Sprinkle on salads
- Puree for adding flavor
- Add to stir-fry veggies
- Blend with light mayonnaise for a sandwich spread
- Add to cookie dough
- Sprinkle over steamed broccoli
Can’t find them in the store? They are with the spices.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie