- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 medium apple
- 1 medium banana
- 1/8 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Soften butter and steam broccoli.
- In a mixer or another bowl, combine the sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a food processor, combine steamed broccoli, zucchini, apple, banana, apple juice, and applesauce. Purée until smooth.
- Shred carrots. (If you don’t want to use shredded carrots, you can purée them with the rest of the fruits and veggies in the food processor.)
- Add the fruit and veggie puree, carrots (if applicable), and yogurt into the wet ingredients and beat until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fill prepared muffin pan about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are slightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and muffins bounce back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. If desired, add some yogurt and fruit on the side for extra energy.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 201mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g