- 1 medium peppers, ancho, dried
- 14 ounce whole peeled tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 1/2 ounce baking chocolate, unsweetened, squares
- 1/8 cup raisins, seedless
- 2 tbsp chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 medium tortillas, corn
- 1 ounce Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 2 medium mango
- Place ancho chiles in a bowl; cover with water. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain; remove and discard stems and seeds. Process seeded chiles, tomatoes, chopped onion, almonds, finely chopped chocolate, raisins, chicken broth, cumin, cinnamon, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and smashed garlic in a food processor until smooth.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt; place in a slow cooker. Add tomato mixture. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours. Place chicken on a cutting board. Shred chicken into large pieces; return to slow cooker.
- Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high directly on burner until lightly charred, about 15 seconds per side. Top tortillas with chicken mixture, crumbled cheese, and cilantro. Serve with cubed mango.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 638mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g