- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb turkey, ground
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 2 tbsp diced green chilies, canned
- 1/2 cup TOMATO SAUCE
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 medium (2-2/3″ dia) peach
- Begin by cooking rice as directed on package. Meanwhile, mince garlic, chop onion and pepper; set aside separately.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; add turkey and sauté until cooked through and no longer pink; approximately 7-8 minutes. Add veggies to skillet;
- 1 cup of black beans, green chilies, tomato sauce and chili powder. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with chopped cilantro and simmer for 2-3 minutes to completely heat through. Serve over rice with peaches on the side.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 491mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g