An incredibly easy recipe with only 30 minutes of rise time, this Homemade Pizza Dough produces a soft and chewy inside with a crisp crunchy crust.
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp dry yeast
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 5-5 1/2 cups flour
- Combine yeast and water in your mixer, and let sit for a couple of minutes until it gets bubbly.
- Add the remaining ingredients to your mixture. Start with just 5 cups of flour.
- Knead for 5 minutes in your mixer. It is ok if the dough is on the sticky side. You can add a bit more flour to your hands when you pull the dough out of the mixer.
- Let the dough raise for 30 minutes.
- Separate into 4 even pieces. This recipe will make 4 medium pizzas, 2 pizzas with thicker crust.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. You can poke holes in the dough with a fork once it is rolled out on a pizza pan and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
- If you don't want to prebake, add sauce, cheese and desired toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the type and amount of toppings you use.
- Slice and enjoy!