Homemade pancakes are so delicious……especially when you can whip them up in 2 minutes! Buying a whole-wheat pancake mix can be expensive and full of ingredients that you might not want to feed your kids. This homemade pancake mix recipe is definitely a keeper. You can make a big batch and then when you want to make fresh, hot pancakes it will only take you a few minutes. Even those mornings when you don’t have a lot of time, you can still make these pancakes for your kids.
Put all of your ingredients in a big bowl. Mix together with a whisk. You can use all whole wheat if you want, or even try other whole grain flours.
Place in an airtight container. You can store this for up to 3 months. I write the ingredients to make a batch on the container and then you have it right there when you want to make them.
Then when you are ready to whip up a delicious batch of these all you do is add:
- 1 1/2 cups mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 egg
This will make about 6-8 pancakes (smaller size). If you like thicker pancakes, add up to 1/4 cup more mix to your batter. These pancakes are seriously the best I have ever made from scratch. They are super fluffy and full of flavor. And these pancakes freeze beautifully once they are made. Then if you are really in a rush, you can pull them out and pop them in the toaster for a breakfast on the go!
Some of our favorite things to add to our pancakes are:
- 3 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Put the first six ingredients in a big bowl. Mix together with a whisk. You can use all whole wheat if you want, or even try other whole grain flours.
- Place in an airtight container. You can store this for up to 3 months.
- Then when you are ready to whip up a delicious batch of pancakes all you do is add 1 1/2 cups of the dry mix, water, olive oil and an egg.
- Cinnamon and apple chunks
- Finely chopped nuts
- Poppy seeds and lemon zest
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut and bananas