- 2 medium apple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cup green peas, frozen
- Core, peel, and thinly slice apples.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Lightly brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil.
- Place 1 slice of bread–oiled side down–into the skillet, and arrange a few apple slices on top.
- Sprinkle cheese over the apples, then top with another slice of bead–oiled side up.
- Cook until cheese has melted and bread is golden, flipping halfway through. Repeat until all ingredients have been used.
- While sandwiches are cooking, steam the peas according to the package instructions.
- Cut sandwiches into quarters and serve peas on the side.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 522mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g