You only need healthy real food ingredients to make these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Bars!
This healthy banana dessert is gluten free, dairy free, no added sugars, and perfect for quick & easy breakfasts, school lunches, or a healthy snack.
This 3 ingredient peanut butter banana bars recipe is so quick and easy and they are a favorite with all 4 of my kids, even my daughter who claims to hate bananas.
One of my pet peeves is recipes that claim to be 2 or 3 ingredients, but include store bought mixes which mean they really include more like 20 ingredients. I’ve had so much fun experimenting with this recipe that literally includes 3 healthy ingredients – oats, bananas, and peanut butter. No added sugar, oil, or processed ingredients! And, they are gluten free (just make sure you use gluten free oats), sugar free, and dairy free. You can even leave out the peanut butter to make them nut free.
As simple as the ingredients are, making these bars is even simpler. Just mash ripe bananas (the riper they are, the sweeter your bars will be), add oats and natural peanut butter, and mix. You can even just throw it all in a mixer.
I love to double or triple the recipe and freeze the leftovers. Then I can pull them directly out of the freezer to put in school lunches. I can also let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight for breakfast or snacks the next day.
I’ve even used variations of this same recipe to make peanut butter banana cookies and Coconut Banana Breakfast Cookies. Don’t you just love a healthy and versatile kid-friendly recipe?!
– Tiffany is a wife, mom of 4, foodie, dark chocolate lover, creator and host of the Feel Great in 8 Challenge, and blogger at www.feelgreatin8.com. She loves experimenting in the kitchen and creating healthy real food recipes.
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana BarsPrint Pin Rate
- 4 medium banana
- 2 cup oats, dry
- 6 tablespoon peanut butter, all-natural
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dark
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13 inch glass dish. (I just used my fingers to spread unrefined coconut oil all over the bottom and sides and the bars came out beautifully.)
- Mash the bananas and mix together with oats and peanut butter.
- Spread the dough evenly in the prepared dish, then sprinkle with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cut into bars and enjoy!