- 8 ounce whole wheat pasta shells
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/8 cup basil, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup strawberries
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; add the peas and cook until softened, then drain.
- Grate Parmesan (if needed), slice garlic, juice lemon, and chop basil.
- Add the peas, Parmesan, garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, basil, and pepper in a blender or food processor; mix until smooth, slowly adding the olive oil as it blends.
- Serve pesto over cooked pasta with strawberries on the side.
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 132mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g