A fun treat for Halloween, these Witch Fingers are a festive twist on a sugar cookie that is filling with a lot less sugar than other treats this time of year!
These would be perfect to take to a halloween party as treats, or an after school snack! The kids enjoy making these too, so let them help you out.
If your house is nut-free, try “painting” on the nails with the chocolate. Or use green candy melts for a fun and spooky green witch nail!
Witch Fingers Halloween Snack
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium size bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until combined with the cream mixture.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Break the dough into small pieces – about 2 tablespoons each. Roll each piece out into a finger shape.
- Using the flat tip of a knife, make an indentation on the end of each finger to make a place for the fingernail. Then take a toothpick and make 3 small slashes in the middle of each finger for knuckles.
- Place fingers on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes. They should be slightly brown on top.
- While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes and then take a small dollop of chocolate and place on the tip of each finger. Softly press one almond on top of the chocolate. Let the chocolate harden to hold the almond in place and then serve!