- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 6 cup lettuce, romaine
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 2 medium apple
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Coarsely chop onions and mince garlic.
- Place meat, mushrooms, onions, and garlic in slow cooker. Add broth, paprika, and salt. Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or on High for 5 hours.
- Mix together yogurt, flour, and mustard. Add to ingredients in the slow cooker and stir until well blended. Continue to cook on low, covered, for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, cook rice as directed on package.
- Rinse and dry lettuce, then cut into bite size pieces. Grate carrot into large shreds, cut bell pepper into thin slices, and dice apples.
- Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss to combine. Top with your favorite dressing.
- Serve stroganoff over rice with salad on the side.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 590mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g