The Peanut Butter Fudgesicles are creamy, smooth and sooooo chocolatey with only 4 ingredients you can make them anytime for a delicious frozen treat!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
How to Make Fudgesicles
Making fudgesicles is so much easier than I would have ever thought. You will only need about 5 minutes hands on time to makes these. Literally all you do is blend coconut milk, cocoa powder, honey and peanut butter together.
Making your own treats at home allows kids to feel like they can eat sweet things, and also provides a way for you to control ingredients and boost nutrition in the foods they love to eat! These are sweetened with a small amount of honey, and the sugar content per pop is quite low. These are a great way to satisfy your kids’ sweet tooth while helping them develop a taste for things that are less sweet.
What is a Fudgesicle Made Of?
The chocolate flavor in these fudgesicles comes from cocoa powder. I love using cocoa powder because it provides a chocolatey flavor in recipes, and also has health benefits. Just 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder contains a significant amount of iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc. What do these minerals do for us?
- Iron helps make red blood cells and is essential for your immune system.
- Manganese is a component of enzymes that form cartilage and bones, metabolize nutrients and function as antioxidants inside every cell in your body.
- Magnesium helps produce energy and maintain a normal heart rhythm.
- Zinc is vital for the production and development of new cells, including immune system cells. Without enough zinc, the number of bacteria-fighting cells goes down and you become more susceptible to illness.
We added peanut butter to this version to make them extra smooth and creamy with added protein. Plus – peanut butter and chocolate are made to go with each other!
This recipe calls for coconut milk because it freezes so much smoother than regular milk. You can definitely substitute whole milk instead if you prefer!
Instead of buying fudgesicles from the store loaded with sugar, make your own at home and enjoy a boost of nutrition!
More of Our Favorite Homemade Popsicle Recipes
Homemade Peanut Butter Fudgesicle
- Blend all ingredients together in a high powered blender.
- Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze for 4-6 hours until solid. Enjoy!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie