Green peas are a veggie that my kids absolutely love. I don’t serve them all the time because we believe in variation and balance and I want them to try new things. This version of roasted green peas makes them crunchy and the sweetness of the pea comes out even more. This Crunchy Roasted Green Peas Recipe is the perfect snack for at home or on the go!
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. You can use frozen or fresh peas for this recipe. If you are using frozen, let them thaw and then blot them with a paper towel to get as much moisture off them as possible. If you are using fresh, you will want to quickly blanch for 1-2 minutes and then dry them with a paper towel.
Next, place in a bowl and combine oil and garlic salt. Coat evenly by stirring well. Spread them on a baking sheet lined with either parchment paper, a Silpat or tin foil. Make sure they are in an even flat layer. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then shake and kind of stir them around to make sure they are cooking evenly. You can try them at this point to see if they are crunchy enough for you. If they need more time return to the oven for increments of 15 minutes until they are nice and crunchy.
Once they are cool, you can store in an airtight container and take with you on the go! The peas shrink to about half their size and so I have to make a HUGE batch if we want any leftover. These are a great snack to make in the morning and then take with you for an afternoon at the park, or in the car when you are dropping kids here and there! We hope your kids enjoy these crunchy peas as much as we do!
- 2 cup green peas, frozen
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Allow the peas to thaw, then blot them with a paper towel to get as much moisture off them as possible.
- Place them in a bowl and add oil and garlic salt. Stir to coat evenly.
- Spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then shake and stir them around to make sure they are cooking evenly.
- You can try them at this point to see if they are crunchy enough for you. If they need more time return to the oven for increments of 15 minutes until they are nice and crunchy.
- Let cool before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie