- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 cup lettuce, romaine
- 5 ounce tuna, canned in water
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 4 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 4 medium orange
- 4 stick string cheese
- Peel and julienne the carrot and cucumber; shred the lettuce. Mix the tuna with mayonnaise (plain, low-fat yogurt may used in place of the mayo if preferred).
- Place some lettuce onto each tortilla; then add tuna, carrots, and cucumbers. Roll up tightly and slice in half.
- Serve with sliced oranges and cheese sticks on the side.
This easy recipe serves up tasty tuna salad plus added veggies in a healthy whole grain wrap. Use any brand of mayo and tortillas your family likes. Perfect for lunchboxes!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie