Try this fun and simple fall food art to delight your kids! No special tools required.
Turkey Time Lunchbox
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 slice turkey breast, deli style
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 4 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Cut bread into large circles, using as much of each slice as possible. Slice bell peppers.
- Add turkey to bread, forming 4 sandwiches.
- Place pepper slices around the top portion of each sandwich for the turkey’s feathers; use scraps to make the face.
- Place hummus into a separate container for dipping; serve oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie