- 8 ounce penne pasta, dry
- 14 1/2 ounce stewed tomatoes, canned
- 6 ounce turkey sausage
- 8 ounce asparagus
- 1/8 cup pesto
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 medium orange
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat tomatoes with juice in a medium saucepan.
- Cut sausage crosswise into 1/4-inch slices and brown in a skillet over medium heat. Chop asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Add cooked sausage, asparagus, and pesto to the tomatoes; stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer about 6 minutes or until asparagus are crisp-tender.
- Toss cooked pasta with tomato mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot with orange wedges on the side. (Serving size: 1 1/2 cups pasta dish, 1/2 orange).
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 612mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g