Eat the rainbow with this easy and healthy pasta salad recipe packed full of delicious fresh veggies!
Hello! It’s Ciara again from My Fussy Eater. It’s so exciting to be back here again on Super Healthy Kids sharing my recipes and tips for feeding your family. At the moment I’m loving quick and easy summer dinner ideas and so today I’m going to share my recipe for this Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad.
Summer eating for me is all about fresh produce, simply cooked and this recipe couldn’t get any fresher or more simple. I used a selection of vegetables available to me at the moment including red onion, red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus, baby broccoli and cherry tomatoes but you can use any whatever fresh vegetables are available where you are.
The vegetables are coated with a little olive oil and oregano, roasted in the oven and then mixed with cooked pasta. Whatever vegetables you use try to have a selection of different colours. This helps to give a lovely rainbow effect to the dish. It is visually very appealing and of course packed full of nutrients too.
I prefer to serve this dish cold. I allow the vegetables and pasta to cool before mixing them together and serving. This makes it ideal to pack up into a container or mason jar and take outside for a picnic. It also makes it a great salad to make in advance to take to a BBQ. However if you prefer to eat it warm then that’s absolutely fine too!
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 1 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 7 oz asparagus
- 7 oz baby broccoli
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 14 oz dried pasta
- 1 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Chop the vegetables and place them in a large bowl with the olive oil and oregano. Mix well until all the vegetables are coated.
- Divide the vegetables between two baking trays or dishes and roast in a 400f oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain it under cold water and allow it to cool.
- Let veggies cool for 20 minutes on the pan, then toss in a large bowl with pasta and prepared dressing.
- Serve at room temperature or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
This pasta salad will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days. It’s the perfect dish to make in bulk and have on hand for lunch or dinner!
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie