- 3 large egg
- 5 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 6 standard cupcake liners
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate the eggs into the yolks and the whites.
- Mix the yolks with the honey and almond extract.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then fold into the honey mixture.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites until fluffy, then add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour batter into 6 regular sized muffin cups.
- Sprinkle almonds and brown sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 339mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 17g