Soft Pretzels and Hummus DipPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon yeast, active dry
- 1/8 cup honey
- 3 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 6 teaspoon baking soda
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, then add all ingredients (chickpeas through black pepper) to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Dissolve yeast and honey in 1 1/2 cups of warm water; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and flour to yeast mixture; mix thoroughly and knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- After rising, roll pieces into ropes and shape as desired.
- Dissolve baking soda in 2 cups of warm water, then dip the dough shapes into the mixture.
- Place on a greased (or parchment lined) cookie sheet and let rise again for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Bake pretzels for 10 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Serve with hummus for dipping.