Sloppy LentilsPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup lentils, raw
- 4 cup water
- 14 1/2 ounce stewed tomatoes, canned
- 8 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 regular hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 2 cup watermelon
- Chop onion and green pepper and mince garlic.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; sauté 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover; simmer on medium-low for at least 45 minutes until lentils are softened.
- Serve on hamburger buns with fruit on the side.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 781mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g