- 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place muffin paper cup liners into muffin pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt; set aside.
- Zest one whole lemon, add it to a bowl with the sugar. Next, squeeze 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into a 1 cup measuring cup, add milk and allow to set for one minute.
- Mix oil and lemon/milk (ultimately, this is a buttermilk substitute) in with the sugar, whisk together. Add egg and vanilla, whisk well. Add wet ingredients to dry; mix until just barely combined; fold in the raspberries. Scoop an even amount throughout the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin pan.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 170mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g